Friday, January 28, 2005

Felted Bucket Hat from ChicKnits

This project was a blast and at the same time a yawner. When I got to the 4.75 inches of stockinette stitch I found myself trying very hard not to rush. However, the felting and fitting process was so much fun that it was totally worth it. I made this for a friend at work who has a larger head than most (though you'd never be able to tell.) She says she can never find hats to fit her, not even in a mans' size. So I set out to make the 24' version of this pattern. One other adjustment I made, when it said to switch to size 10 needles, I went ahead and bumped it up to 10.5 just to get it a tiny bit wider than called for.



In the end it fit beautfully. It's a tad bit too loose on her (which is really good in my opinion, can always shrink it some more!)but she loves it all the same.